Christmas is just around the corner and you’ll soon be bombarded with messages about shopping, sales, presents and giving. It can be a stressful time of year for many families especially if money is tight and things are not planned well. This can be especially true for families with kids and the demands to make the Christmas experience enjoyable and memorable for them.
We’ve compiled some easy tips for how to save money this Christmas!
- Plan it! Before you shop or do anything create a plan of what you’d like to achieve, what memories you want to create and what your budget will be.
- Use Discount Cards! If you do decide to buy presents then discount cards are a great way to make your money go further.
- Use Envelopes to Allocate Cash! Throw away the credit cards and apportion your gift money into envelopes – this way you avoid overspending and can remain within budget.
- Have a Secret Santa! See if your family is happy to give only one gift to one person – the giver can remain anonymous and you can even set a maximum dollar amount such as $20.
- Give Time! Remember that what makes Christmas and the Holidays memorable for many people is the gift of time spent with loved ones – what memories and experiences would make your Christmas Golden?
- Sell Gold! If you have unwanted, worn or damaged gold jewellery consider selling it to raise spending money for Christmas – You’ll be amazed with what your items are worth!
“Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
~ Peg Bracken.