Are you ready to turn carats into cash? The team at Gold Smart are buying gold in large quantities and for the highest prices in years. Worn, damaged and out-of-style gold jewellery represents a great way to create cash when you need it.
A lot of people ask us how do I sell gold and used jewellery for cash? The process is quite simple and the price you receive will depend on three things: #1 what you are selling, (9ct gold or 18ct gold, gold bullion or gold coins, etc), #2 how much you have to sell (grams, ounces, kilos) and the #3 current market prices.
Carat (or Karat) is a unit of measurement to measure the purity of gold alloys. It’s represented by the symbol ct or kt. Carat can also be used to describe the mass or weight of gemstones. Carat means the proportion by weight of one part in twenty four. Examples of indicative gold content are as follows:
- 9ct = 37.5% gold (or 375 millesimal fineness)
- 14ct = 58.5% gold (585)
- 18 ct = 75% gold (750)
- 22ct = 91.6% gold (916)
- 24ct = 99.99% gold (999 or pure/fine gold)
As a general rule the higher the carat value, the higher the gold content, and the higher the cash value from Gold Smart. The team at Gold Smart are experts in determining the actual carat of any gold item.
Bullion and Gold Bars
The term “Bullion” describes a mass of precious metal typically in the form of gold/silver bars or ingots. Bullion is traded on its precious metal value because of the high purity content and the most common forms of gold bullion are recognised internationally – making it an efficient mode of trade. Gold Smart pays high prices for bullion – gold prices can fluctuate, so call today to and lock-in favourable prices.
Examples of ‘Good Delivery’ Gold Bullion Coins inclue:
- US Gold Eagle – embossed with the image of a bald eagle (91.67% pure)
- Canadian Maple Leaf – embossed with the symbol of Canada (99.99% pure)
- Chinese Panda – depicting a panda bear which changes each year
- South African Krugerrand – the first bullion coins ever released by a Nation (91.6% pure)
- Australian Gold Kangaroo Nugget – (99.99% pure)
- Gold Sovereigns – Full or Half (91.6% pure)
- New Zealand Gold Kiwi (99.99% pure)
- ABT Gold Ingot (99.9% pure)
- CMIT Gold Bar (99.9% pure)
- AGR Matthey Gold Ingot (99.9% pure)
- Morris and Watson Gold Ingot (99.99% pure)
When selling your gold you will need to make sure you don’t get ripped-off by the many “Sharks” out there. To get excellent prices for your gold you will need to talk with the trusted gold buying experts – Gold Smart!